Saturday, April 2, 2011

Living the Life of a Colombian

Luckily, because of my new super cool best friends.. I was given the opportunity to hang out with their Colombian friends who were OH so generous in showing us around and making sure we had a great time. Jorge and his wife cooked a Colombian breakfast along with fresh jugo de lulo on Sunday.


We later drove to a nearly deserted beach on the edge of El Rodadero and vasqued in the shade of a beautiful tree. We played Frisbee.. which I surprisingly never got hit with.. and could actually at times throw.. and goofed off as usual. There were also 3 Paola's in everyone's midst.. Paola, Maria-Paola (friend's of Jorge's) and ME! It was interesting!

We later went to Paola's apartment to hang out at the pool, eat Chinese, and relax.

The night was short, and I began to pack for my trek that I had at 8AM the next morning! It was bitter-sweet, having to say good-bye to the new friends I had made and being stressed to death that I had forgotten to pack any of the essentials needed for the 5 days in the jungle ahead of me!

All in all, Jorge and Henry showed us great hospitality and were so insanely kind to show us what Colombia is really all about.. SALSA.. among other things :D

And Mike and Luke were so sweet to share their friends with Sean and I! I'm going to miss you guys!! So many laughs, smiles, and dead skin.. I'm glad yall got your sunburn-ness figured out :) Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment